Wednesday, May 8, 2013

against medical advice

The hospital in Fargo decided to hold my sister until today. She left "against medical advice." She called Dad when she was at the bus station and said, "maybe I should have stayed there." We wish she would have stayed longer. This hospital seemed to provide better care than she received in the other three hospitals she has been to in the last four months. They adjusted her meds, giving her actual clozaril -not just the generic clozapine, provided a therapist and treated her like a human. They also included us in her care a little. The therapist called us last week and allowed us to tell our story. They wanted to keep her longer but it's her right to leave. I don't know what will happen next. I don't know how she can go on like this. I just feel so bad for her. I feel like she is lost to us forever. I wish there was a way for someone to reach her.

The social worker from the hospital called me early this morning to inform me (as I am the target of her rage) that she was being released. They wanted to give me a heads up that the person who wants to cut off my left hand is on the loose.

We've been doing some research and found out that every state has their own mental health care policies. It's my sister's misfortune to live in Minnesota where they criminalize the mentally ill and make it impossible to receive enough care to recover and prevent disaster. North Dakota provides care based on need. Maybe that's why they were able to keep her for a few extra days.

They dropped her off at the bus station around 9 am. She began texting me a 1 pm: This is the last time you will ever hear from me... You might think you saved me... but I need you to know what I came to akeley for... I had the intent to break your nose and burn your lips so it looked like you had herpes the rest of your ugly life... this is not a threat... Just telling you what is up. You escaped, but if im going to jail next time you won't. Grow up.

She texted me a few more times. This is her last one: No more threats. Goodbye ugly sister. Finally, forever!!

I don't know what that means. Is she going to come get me in my sleep? Is she going to kill herself? Is she going to run away?

No comments:

Post a Comment