Thursday, May 2, 2013

she's going to cut off my left hand

I have a lot to write. The police were called on Monday and they picked her up at the hotel she was staying at in PR. They brought her to the local hospital which does not have a behavioral unit. She was transported from there to a hospital in Fargo. We are not allowed to communicate with the staff because it would be violation of her rights. I guess they want to protect her right to be totally insane. Everyone in the mental health system is really keen on protecting the right of people with a severe and persistent mental illness to remain sick. If my sister ever recovers I do not think she will thank them for this.

Of course we did not know where she was as neither the police or the PR hospital would tell us. The ACT team also called wondering where she was. No one would talk to them either. Ha ha that's funny. I guess they know what it feels like to be shut out now. We didn't have to wait long before Sis called Dad. She wouldn't tell him where she was but thanks to caller ID we learned she was in Fargo. On Wednesday they began allowing her a few hours to have her cell phone. Who does she call immediately? Me!!!!! I didn't answer yesterday. I'm tired of this. I can't do this anymore. I can't do it, sister. I don't know how to help you. There is no help. Today she called me at 7:43 pm. I don't know why I answered. She started in right away in this spookily calm voice about how what she did to my possessions is nothing compared to what she is going to do to me. She said, "I'm going to cut off your hand if you lay a finger on R! I want your left hand, you bitch, your left hand! That is the only thing that will satisfy me!" She also went on and on about "your psychic abuse" and how she constantly hears my voice and hears R and I fucking. I'm exhausted by this delusion. I told her to tell the doctors and maybe they could stop me. I told her I had to hang up because I couldn't talk about things that were not real. I can't argue with her delusions! What is the point of that? She called back right away and said, "If you are my loving sister like you claim, you would talk about this with me. Why can't we talk this out?" Um, because it's all in your head, it's all part of your disease, it's not real? I tried to point that out but she just kept on and on until I hung up.

Then I called the hospital she's at but met with the usual (except for more forceful) "we can't talk to you, we cannot even confirm she is here" bullshit. I said, "Well, she just called me from her cell and said she was going to cut off my hand. Don't you monitor her conversations? That might be helpful. I'm a little concerned as you are releasing her tomorrow and she said she's going to cut off my hand!" The nurse said I should call the police. WTF???!!!??? I don't understand when I call Sis's health care providers to give them info about the condition they are treating her for (schizophrenia) they tell me to call the police! I pointed this out saying, "but I'm calling you because she's behaving this way because her illness is out of control. You're treating her for schizophrenia. What would the  police do? How would they help? Are they doctors now, too?" She said she didn't have time to explain that to me and due to your sister's rights the medical professionals blah blah blah. I said, "I just don't get what the police will do? What will they do about my sister's delusion that I am fucking her 5 boyfriends and that we are both pregnant by all of them at the same time and because of that she's going to cut off my hand! What will the police do about that? She doesn't need to be in jail! She needs to be in the hospital!" I mean, if I call the police are they going to go to the hospital she's currently at and bring her to another hospital? Does Mental Health Care in America consist solely of 72 hour holds? Maybe they'll bring her to jail and they will cure her there? Do the police have some new technique to cure schizophrenia? I wish they would let the medical field in on it! Sister started calling me again and I began to say hysterically, "She's calling me right now! She's going to cut off my hand!" The nurse became a little more empathetic and said she would look into it.

So that's where we are. Oh, did I mention that her 72 hour hold ends tomorrow? They're releasing her tomorrow. How should I use my remaining hours with both hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment